Sunday, February 11, 2007

I’m not going back to Naval/Biliran; I’m staying here for good

I came to this country because I was hungry.
To get my shirt dirty and pay my dues, And I know I’m not you.
I wasn’t born here, without the fear of not feeding my family.
Some people can’t stand to see me walk around the city,
But I’m not the enemy they paint me out to be.
I work more than nine to five to survive,
I slave for twelve hour days to pay the rent.
To put smiles on my children’s faces.
To send my relatives money in different places.

My husband's a chamber maid, Making less than minimum wage.
But this is our way to go, We work harder than any citizen we know
Because we’ve seen worse, We were cursed, Brought up in poverty.
I left my country to make a life better for my family,
I don’t know why they so scared of me.
We have furthered a society, And we do it quietly.
We work the jobs they won’t do, We clean a pools, and schools.
Pick the fruit that sits on a tables
We clean stables, Groom and lawn
And we’re still pawned by politics
They don’t want us to drive, Or further our lives
They just want us to work and barely get paid
No social security , No health care Just slavery in a bigger cage.
We help, Not hurt a country or a place,
Were lucky we don’t just get up and leave.
Because then they have to rake your own leaves,
They have to bus their own dishes
Make their own sandwiches
They never once mention their advantages,
They just want to get a bigger edge.
A larger slice of our small piece of pie,
But I’ve worked hard to be here, And I’ve done my work with pride.
I’m not going back to Naval/Biliran.
I’m staying here for good, unless you know a cheaper mechanic,
that can pop that dent out of their hood.

Ok nako bah? he he he

No comments:

************************************************
Eden Apolinar family
glenn apolinar
allan apolinar
wilson apolinar
-SPONSORS-
SPONSORS 1. Borrinaga, Althea Orbeta 2. Borrinaga, Gregoria Orbeta 3. Borrinaga, Josephine 4. Borrinaga, Marilou Orbeta 5. Borrinaga, Sucit Bellones 6. police major serapin borrinaga 7. Morillo, Jade